888-888-8888 info@website.com

Review: Curing Athletes Foot


Anyone affected with Athlete’s Foot can have two doctor best friends and this is your dermatologist and the podiatrist. A dermatologist is a skin specialist so if there is anything wrong with our skin we rush to them. Usually dermatologists are just associated with face skin problems like acne problems but dermatologists actually care for skin problems on any part of one’s body including the feet!

Since Athlete’s Foot start out with rashes or skin redness it is but normal to have a dermatologists check the irregularities in skin condition and usually the dermatologists are able to identify Athlete’s Foot and suggest cures for the existing condition.

Dermatologists can say if you have Athlete’s Foot but if you want a feet specialist then check out your directory for the best podiatrist you can find in your area. A podiatrist can better give an assessment because that is his area of expertise.

Usually a mere look at the feet is enough to tell if the condition you have is Athlete’s Foot or not but at certain times there is a need to take out a piece of the affected area for examination. The procedure does not hurt because the feet have thick skin so one does not have to worry and anyway it’s for an even more accurate examination.

Prescription of anti-fugal medication that can be applied topically on the affected area or oral medicines to be taken in are the first steps taken when Athlete’s Foot occurs. There can be specific treatment plans depending on the gravity of the situation.

This plan can be shortened or extended depending on the results. The dosage of the original prescription may also be adjusted. Now if the cause is not fungus but bacteria then the best cure is antibiotics such as penicillin. Penicillin kills most kinds of bacteria.

The most important thing to do is to go see your doctor as soon as possible because an Athlete’s Foot that is not treated can spread to other parts of the body and other people that may have come in contact with the affected area.

A worsened case of Athlete’s Foot can be detrimental to the victim’s daily activities and to his or her surroundings so immediate attention and care should be given. As for preventive measures, just practice cleanliness in all that you do and you are one step ahead in stopping the spread of fungus and bacteria.


Source by [Dr. Matt Ahmadi]

Review: Podiatrist Or General Physician – When to See the Foot Doctor Instead of the Family Doctor


If you’ve ever served in the U.S. military, then you’ve undoubtedly had blisters caused by forced marches which were then treated by either a Combat Medic (Army and Air Force) or Corpsman (Navy and Marine Corps).

In the civilian world, foot blisters are typically ignored because you generally aren’t required to perform complex combat maneuvers where a bothersome blister could potentially put the lives of others at risk. But if you do decide to have a blister treated as a civilian, you’re likely to make a quick visit to your family physician.

Podiatry (healthcare of the foot and leg) may seem like a strange specialty, but in reality there are many conditions in which seeing a podiatrist, or “foot doctor,” would be preferred over seeing any other type of medical technician or doctor.

Common foot, ankle, and leg injuries are easily treated by any physician. A sprained ankle, ingrown toenail, athlete’s foot, stress fractures, and of course the occasional blister probably don’t require the expertise of a foot doctor.

The foot is more complex than a lot of people realize. But complex enough to have its own medical specialty? Just try asking your family physician about plantar fasciitis, sesamoiditis, high arches, or even flat feet. You’ll be referred to a podiatrist faster than you can say, “What should I do about the calcaneal on my heel?”

You’ll especially understand this if you are a runner. Healthy feet are vital to a runner’s performance, so they don’t trust them to just anybody.

While common foot and leg ailments and related minor injuries can be and are often treated by a general physician, if you have a more complex injury or are active in sports or work that requires full health of your feet and legs then seeing a specialist in podiatry — a good ol’ foot doctor in other words — is probably the best option for you.


Source by [Dr. Matt Ahmadi]